Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Final Farewell

This post, as the title states, is a final farewell to the class that was Digital Rhetoric.  But is it a goodbye to the blog?  Perhaps, or perhaps the blog lives on.  Maybe I start doing a blog but on a different site.  Maybe I wipe this blog out or just pick up from where I left off.  If I kept a blog, what would it be about?  The questions are endless and it seems like I am content on possibly starting a blog.  I do enjoy writing and feel like I could've contributed a little more on this blog.  Looking back, I wish I would have.  I feel like I have a decent amount of information on here as it is, but I think there was so much more I could do.  Especially after seeing the sites other people shared in class.


This picture wasn't from 2004, I didn't realize the camera was putting a time stamp on it.  I just thought I'd share a random picture of me from one of my road trips to a Vikings game.  It has no relevance to this post, or does it?  What is relevant to this site?  I know these seem like random questions or maybe even a bunch of gibberish, but the big thing this class has taught me is about questioning why things are done how they're done.  Everything we read seemed to be questioning everything about technology and literacy.  Where has literacy been?  Where is literacy going?  How have we gotten here?  Why are we going in the direction we are?  What is the next big advancement of literature?  Will technology replace the book as the dominant form of literature?  Has it already?

So with these final thoughts I bring this post to a close.  I have enjoyed the class, the classmates, and the instructor.  This class has not only helped me look at literacy and technology in a new light, but has also enhanced my abilities working with various programs in the technology.  I don't always feel like I have left a class and learned something relevant.  With this class, I can easily see myself using the skills I have learned with iMovie and multimodal essays.  I also think some of the information in the readings we had will carry on with me as well.  I hope that when I become a teacher, I can give students the pleasure of working with these types of essays.

And without further adieu....

No comments:

Post a Comment